Chevy Safety Features near Boardman, OH
Every time you buy a Chevrolet you can have the certainty and peace of mind that you and your loved ones will be protected on the road, thanks to Chevy’s amazing safety features. Here, at Sweeney Chevrolet, we are proud to boast a wide selection of Chevrolet vehicles, from compact sedans and hatchbacks to imperious pickup trucks, sporty performance cars, family-friendly crossovers and SUVs, and even commercial vehicles. With such ample variety and versatility, you’re bound to find a Chevy to make your own. Stop by our dealership today!
For Chevrolet, safety is of the utmost importance, thus, all its vehicles are designed with protective safety features to shield all occupants in the event of a collision. Vehicle structures are carefully engineered to absorb and dissipate the force of an impact, so that the least amount of harm is caused to those within. Constructed with high-strength steel and other alloys, safety cages maximize protection without sacrificing weight, performance, or efficiency. Meanwhile, restraint systems like safety belts, LATCH (Lower Anchors and Top Tethers for Children), and airbags1 hold passengers in their place and cushion them to prevent further injury.
All Chevrolet vehicles strive to offer the latest and greatest in airbag technology. Their 360-degree airbag system offers no less than 10 airbags. Additionally, available on the Traverse, Suburban, and Tahoe, you’ll find an industry-first2 front center side-impact airbag that deploys between the driver and front passenger’s seat as a supplemental measure of protection. Select models also boast a 360-degree smart sensor system, which deploys airbags and adjusts their inflation in accordance with the severity of the impact.
As a bonus convenience, most Chevrolet models come with a three-month OnStar®3 trial. Built-in sensors set off this safety and support system with Automatic Crash Response, which will immediately notify an OnStar® Advisor whenever a crash occurs. The Advisor will then use GPS technology to pinpoint your exact location and request existing emergency service providers to lend their aid.
It is worth noting that besides the above protective features, Chevrolet also offers a myriad of standard and available safety technologies as proactive preventative measures to help drivers stay in command and avoid possible accidents. For example, standard on all Chevy vehicles is the Stabilitrak® Electronic Stability Control System4, which helps keep your vehicle in check in low-traction driving conditions. And some cars even feature the available Teen Driver5 built-in system that helps promote safe driving habits for young, new drivers.
Now that you know a little more about the impressive Chevy safety features near Boardman, OH, you’ll be even more confident driving one of our outstanding vehicles. Visit us at Sweeney Chevrolet to browse around! Our friendly staff will be pleased to assist you with any questions.
|Monday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
pleased with my experience
we drove 80 miles
Excellent as Always
BEST EXPERIENCE EVER
2016 Chevy Equinox
2016 Cruze Limited
2015 Chevy Equinox
2015 Chevy Colorado
1. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more information. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the air bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained.
2. Based on manufacturer’s claim.
3. Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.
4. Safety features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner's Manual for important feature limitations and information.
5. Requires Chevrolet MyLink with 8-inch diagonal display.