2021 Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity
If you are in Boardman & Youngstown, Ohio and you are looking for a compact truck that would not have you choosing between capability, flexibility and maneuverability, then the Chevrolet Colorado is your best option.
When considering a pickup truck for purchase, one non-negotiable specification to bear in mind is its towing capacity. The Chevrolet Colorado has a towing capacity of 7,700 pounds, which makes it just able to handle any job you would encounter.
How much can the Chevrolet Colorado blow your mind and enhance your daily drive with its towing capabilities? The towing capacity is simply how much weight the truck can pull behind it, while the payload capacity is how much weight the truck can carry. This includes the weight of the passengers as well as items in the truck.
2021 Chevrolet Colorado Towing Capacity by Specifications
Shopping for the perfect Colorado? You first need to choose an engine and model that matches your towing requirements. The 2021 Chevy Colorado comes in different forms and each has different capabilities that are unique to their engine types. Here is a breakdown of each Chevy Colorado towing capacity by their engine specifications:
- Colorado with 2.5L 4-Cylinder: The very base of this standard Chevy Colorado engine line is capable of towing up to 3,500 pounds.
- Colorado with 3.6L V6: The 3.6L V6 is capable of towing 3,500-pounds maximum, which you can upgrade to a V6 engine and added with a Trailering Package to help you get a 7,000-pound-towing capacity.
- Colorado with Duramax® 2.8L Turbo-Diesel 4-Cylinder: You can use the Duramax® diesel engine if you want to take advantage of the maximum Chevrolet towing capacity. With a 4×4 configuration, it allows you to reach the maximum 7,700 pounds capacity.
- If you love luxury, the Colorado ZR2 is your best option, as it offers a towing power of 5,000 pounds. Which is enough to tow a small boat or even a couple of ATVs.
Chevy Colorado Engine Options
The Chevy Colorado towing capability isn’t the only part of this tough truck that you’re bound to love. In fact, the Chevy Colorado engines are pretty impressive, too. Of course, we’ve gone over them broadly speaking, but here’s a more in-depth overview of them all.
With the 2021 Chevy Colorado, you have the options of choosing between the gas and diesel engine options. So you get to select based on the level of performance that befits your towing needs. To achieve the maximum Chevy Colorado towing capacity, you will need the correct equipment installed. No matter which engine you select, though, you’ll be hitting the streets of Ohio with plenty of towing capability.
- There is the basic 2.5L four-cylinder engine that delivers up to 26 mpg on the highway with its 200 horsepower and 191 pound-feet of torque.
- If you need a Chevy that can do 25 mpg on the highway, then the 3.6L V6 engine is your perfect match! It also offers a whooping 308 horsepower and a 275 pound-feet of torque. Which makes it preferable than the 2.5L engine.
- There is the beast called the 2.8L Duramax that offers up to 30 mpg on the highway, but though its horsepower is on a low 181, it makes up for that in its 369 pound-feet of torque.
It is worthy to note that the 2021 Chevy Colorado offers both gas and diesel-engine options. However, if what you seek is fuel efficiency, the diesel engine is your perfect choice as it also gives you a 30 mpg on the highway, which is not bad.
You get a six-speed auto-transmission when you opt out for either the 2.5L gas or 2.8L turbo-diesel engine. However, with the V6 engines, what you get is eight-speed auto-transmission.
The 2021 Chevy Colorado towing capacity varies based upon which configurations you choose. For instance, Broadman, Ohio truck fisherman who want to pull a small boat can get solid Chevy Colorado towing specs on the base trim, while those that want the best Chevy towing capacity for the Colorado should opt for the Turbo-Diesel Engine or consider checking out the powerful towing capacity of the Chevy Silverado.
Safety Features and Technology
The 2021 Colorado has a six-airbag feature that will ensure you are maximally protected and is further reinforced by other technologies that ensure you are safe. These include a rear vision camera that allows you to see in HD, a warning that pops up when you are going off-lane, a warning sign that pops up when you are about to collide with an object in front, and an assistant that helps you park without colliding with an object behind you.
If you need connectivity and entertainment in-cabin, you have a wireless charging device, a Bose® audio system with an inbuilt seven-speaker sound, and a CarPlay® supported by Apple Inc.
What are the Pros of the 2021 Chevrolet Colorado?
- Gasoline V6 and diesel four-cylinder engines tow more than rivals
- Maneuverable size along with well-mannered steering and handling
- Comfortable ride over most surfaces
- Simple, easy-to-use cabin controls
What makes the 2021 Chevy Colorado different?
- New front-end design and stamped Chevrolet logo across the tailgate
- The base model has been eliminated from the lineup
- Changes to standard and optional equipment availability
- Part of the second Colorado generation introduced in 2015
Chevy Colorado Color Options
If you are as interested in aesthetics as well as functionalities, the good news is that you have a variety of color options to choose from the 2021 Colorado. You can decide between the wide variety of colors, such as black, mode beige metallic, and bright blue. It’s also available in Cherry Red and many other colors you can find when you contact us or walk into our showroom. In addition, the Chevy Colorado comes in a number of special editions.
Chevy Colorado Interior & Exterior
With the changes in the 2021 model year on the Colorado, you can now have a rearview auto-dimming mirror, 8-inch touch screen display, and Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system for the LT trim, and a 7-inch touch screen display on the WT trim. The great thing about the 2021 Colorado is that it offers multiple cab options:
- Extended Cab/ Long box
- Crew Cab/ Short Box
- Crew Cab/ Long Box
In case you are wondering where you can find a 2021 Chevrolet Colorado close to you, Sweeney cars is so excited to inform you that they have a selection of these trucks available. Contact us and we would be more than happy to help you select the best 2021 Chevy Colorado that matches your taste.