Chevrolet Equinox Interior
If you’re in the market for a small SUV, the new Chevrolet Equinox may have already caught your eye. What lies beyond this versatile vehicle’s sleek exterior? Take a look inside the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox and get familiar with this SUV’s interior design, capacity, and features.
Chevrolet Equinox Interior Dimensions
The 2020 Chevy Equinox may fit neatly into the small SUV category, but that doesn’t mean it lacks interior space. This vehicle features 40 inches of head room, 40.9 inches of front leg room, and 57.2 inches of front shoulder room. The Equinox seats up to five passengers comfortably, which means there’s plenty of room for the family.
When you’re planning a major shopping haul or you’re taking a road trip, you need more than passenger space alone. The Chevy Equinox has 29.9 cubic feet of cargo space in the rear, located behind the second row of seating. That means you can seat up to five while transporting nearly 30 cubic feet of cargo.
If you need a little extra cargo space, simply lower the second-row seating, which splits 60/40. When the seats are folded flat, the Equinox has an impressive 63.9 cubic feet of cargo space. That means you’ll have ample space for suitcases, shopping bags, or even home improvement supplies.
Want even more? You can also keep cargo secure in the hidden compartment under the rear storage area. Add on a retractable cargo shade or a cargo net to keep everything in your vehicle even more safe and organized.
Chevrolet Equinox Interior and Safety Features
The 2020 Equinox comes in four trims: L, LS, LT, and Premier. A medium ash gray interior is standard for all trims, and some have available jet black interiors. Select trim levels also offer special edition options, which allow you to customize your vehicle’s design further.
Chevy Equinox L Features
The base trim level includes essential design features like premium cloth seat trim and four-way manual front bucket seats to ensure a comfortable ride. Standard single-zone manual climate control maintains the right temperature throughout the vehicle, while active noise cancellation helps prevent outside sounds from filtering inside. To keep the interior sparkling clean, the Equinox L also comes standard with front carpeted floor mats. Standard safety features include:
- Chevy Safety Assist: Comes with automatic emergency braking, Intellibeam, and more.
- Following Distance Indicator: Informs you if you’re following another vehicle too closely.
- Forward Collision Alert: Warns you if a front-end collision is in danger of happening.
- Front Pedestrian Braking: Encourages you to stop if you’re in danger of colliding with a pedestrian.
- Lane Keep Assist With Lane Departure Warning: Helps you avoid accidentally drifting out of your lane.
- OnStar Capabilities: Offers emergency assistance and other communication services.
- Rear Vision Camera: Lets you see behind the vehicle when you drive in reverse.
- Teen Driver: Provides settings that encourage teenagers to drive safely and offers a driving report card.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Warns you if pressure in one or more tires becomes too low.
Chevy Equinox LS Features
The LS trim level includes all base-level features as well as an available eight-way power driver seat or a power driver seat with lumbar control. Other available features include all-weather floor mats and embroidered front headrests, which add a sophisticated touch. With the Equinox LS, you can also add on the Highway Safety Kit or the Roadside Safety Package, both of which are designed to help you stay safe on the road.
Chevy Equinox LT Features
When you choose the LT trim, you can opt for the Midnight or Sport Edition, both of which offer jet black seating and eye-catching exterior features. This trim level includes optional safety features like:
- Lane Change Alert With Side Blind Zone Alert: Warns you of a possible collision when another vehicle approaches from the side.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: Helps avoid rear collisions while in reverse by alerting you to moving traffic.
- Rear Park Assist: Makes parking in reverse easier thanks to alerts when you approach objects too closely.
Chevy Equinox Premier Features
This upgraded trim level comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control so both the driver and passenger can set their preferred temperatures. Optional features include an eight-way power front passenger seat and heated rear outboard seats as well as a heated steering wheel and a ventilated driver or front passenger seat.
Chevrolet Equinox Infotainment and Technology
In addition to comfort and safety features, the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox comes equipped with standard and optional infotainment technology. From integrated touchscreens to compatible apps, this small SUV has it all.
Chevy Equinox L Infotainment and Technology
The base trim level comes standard with the signature Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system. With this system, you get:
- A 7-inch color touchscreen.
- Voice command capability for select phones.
- Bluetooth streaming.
- Compatibility with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
This trim also features 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities so you can stay connected and a six-speaker system for crystal clear audio. It also includes two USB data ports to help keep your mobile devices charged.
Chevy Equinox LS Infotainment and Technology
This trim includes all base-level infotainment and technology features plus extras like available universal tablet holders for second-row passengers.
Chevy Equinox LT Infotainment and Technology
This mid-range trim comes standard with Chevy’s Universal Home Remote, which pairs with security systems and garage doors. The LT trim also has a standard trial subscription to SiriusXM Radio. It has an available Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus System, which includes an 8-inch HD touchscreen and navigation features.
Chevy Equinox Premier Infotainment and Technology
When you want the best-sounding audio on the road, this trim level delivers. The Chevy Equinox Premier has an optional Bose premium system that comes with seven speakers and concert-like sound.
With this trim, you can also upgrade to the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium System. This advanced system includes an 8-inch HD color touchscreen and navigation capabilities.
Ready to discover the new Chevrolet Equinox for yourself? Visit Sweeney Chevrolet in Youngstown and take this small SUV for a test drive today.