Meet The 2016 Equinox
Earlier this week we gave you your first look at the 2016 Equinox, today we’re giving you a closer look at the changes that Chevrolet made.
Some of the major updates include new styling with premium accents, new wheel designs and new available safety features and an even bigger touch screen radio. 2016 Equinox owners will also enjoy a standard rear-vision camera.
2016 Equinox owners will enjoy a standard Ecotec 2.4L engine which will deliver an EPA Estimated 32 mpg on the highway. However, you can upgrade to a 3.6L V6 for more power to enable a trailering capacity of up to 3,500 pounds.
Going deeper than the obvious changes Chevrolet made to the 2016 Equinox, let’s look at a complete list:
- New trim levels! The Equinox trim levels are now: L, LS, LT and LTZ.
- New front fascia and chrome-accented dual-port grille design.
- New, premium projector-beam headlamps on all models helps make the 2016 Equinox more visible at night
- New daytime running lamps on LT and LTZ, with reflector-style lamps on L and LS, and light-emitting diode, (LED) lamps on LT and LTZ that create a distinctive, upscale lighting signature
- New fog lamps on LTZ
- New, Chevy-signature dual-element tail lamps, revised license plate applique and revised lower rear fascia on all models, with chrome trim on LTZ lower fascia
- New 17-inch aluminum wheels on LT and new 18-inch aluminum wheels on LTZ
- New available 17-inch wheel optional on LS model
- New chrome exhaust outlets on V-6 models
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on LT and LTZ
- Standard seven-inch-diagonal Color Touch radio (including Bluetooth phone connectivity) and rear-vision camera on L and LS models
- Revised instrument panel “center stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- New, chrome-trimmed transmission shifter with Electronic Range Selector mode buttons relocated to the top of the shifter handle
- Enhanced interior fabrics in L and LS designed for a premium look and feel
- New Saddle Up interior color
- New universal tablet holders available through dealers from Chevrolet Accessories. They mount on the rear of the front seats to provide convenient access for rear-seat passengers.